Monday, August 15, 2011

I Want To Keep My Baby Tiny Forever!!!


Yesterday, I had a serious hormonal moment... aanndd... it hasn't stopped.  I was watching Toy Story 3, because I tend to like watching things of that nature like all normal 29-year-olds.  If you haven't seen it, I'll give you a quick update.  It's basically about the toys Woody, Buzz, and all their toy friends dealing with an uncertain future as their owner, Andy, prepares to leave for college.  The toys end up at this daycare and escape back to Andy's house.  Andy then donates the toys to a little girl named Bonnie who loves them and plays with them as Andy did.  Okay... that's the gist.

Anyways, I had a complete meltdown by the end.  I realized that my baby boy will eventually be going off to college and giving away his toys.  I cried and cried and cried.  The thought of my sweet baby boy going to school... or off to college... or getting married and leaving me absolutely KILLS me.  I haven't even met my little angel, but I already don't want him to go anywhere.  AND... I don't want him to stop playing with his baby toys.  The whole idea just breaks my heart already. 

So, I figured I would get over the crazy feeling of wanting my child to stay little forever, but I haven't.  I know he has to grow up, learn things, go to school, make friends, etc.  I just don't want him to.  I want to keep him tiny forever.  As far as I'm concerned, Brian and I are all the friends he needs.  LOL - so, yes, I'm a little irrational and hormonal right now.  Although, between you and me, I'm thinking this feeling is here to stay.  I know you other mommies get it!!  I sort of figured I would feel this way when I was a mommy... I just didn't realize it would happen so soon.  Ok... just writing this blog makes me teary-eyed.

Before I start the water works again, I just want to thank every single one of you that are following this blog.  I LOVE all the tips, advice, and support you are all sending me.  I cannot even tell you how helpful it is.  I appreciate it to no end...  THANK YOU!! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I totally understand. I had a moment this last year where I became really sad that my girls were growing TOO fast! But I also realized that I thought that every single new stage they entered was actually more fun than the last! They start doing new things, interacting with you more, and they become so funny! We crack up at the girls all the time- it only gets better and better. I still get sad sometimes that they are growing up so quickly and wish that I could "rewind" at times. It's a totally normal thing for mommies to feel. Just try to enjoy each moment with him as it passes. :) You'll love them all!

    P.S. It's also a little easier when you aren't dealing with crazy pregnancy hormones! Haha! There were times I would cry and I didn't even know WHY?! You'll feel normal again- I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete