Monday, August 22, 2011

The Obsession Begins...


Okay...so..  I'm already obsessed with my child.  He's all I think about .. for the most part.  I wonder what he's doing inside Mommy's tummy?!?!  I wonder what he's going to look like?!  I can't wait for every little moment I get to spend with him. 

Now, this wonderful child already has a serious wardrobe.  And honestly...I've only begun.  I have to buy him everything!  My lil man can't be looking shabby.  I purchased him a ton of clothes yesterday, and the sales lady said, "Dang...this little guy is gonna be one sharp dressed man!"  I laughed because she's totally right.  Then, the lady behind me in line said, "I was just thinking the same thing!  That's one lucky boy!"  I was all proud that my little man, who isn't even here yet, is going to be my little prepster!  I've already started buying clothes for 12mo!  If I see something cute, I think of when he should be wearing it.  Summer?  Fall?  Winter?  Right away? And...I've already gotten him outfits that will match me and Brian.  I bought him this cute little blue and white Polo button-up... and I have the exact same shirt!!  I'm all excited to wear them together.  Aww... like matching... mommy and lil man.  And.. he already has a nice selection of cargo shorts... just like his daddy.  He has a ton of polo's that match Brian's shirts....so they can match every day!  AND the hats and shoes I've bought him!!! HE won't even be able to walk, but he will have some adorable shoes! 

So, perhaps I'm going overboard.  I never thought I would, but I can't help it!  His furniture has been purchased... his crib bedding set has already been purchased... along with several other things he will absolutely need.  OR...that I think he needs :)  Dang...I've got a long way to go too... I'm just in my 5th month!

Now... some people tell me that it's pointless to buy all these clothes, because he will just grow out of them.  Well...DUH!  But I'm not going to just pick things off the sales rack and tell myself it's fine because he will grow out of them.  Nope!  I just can't do it.  He will always have the best clothes, because I think he deserves them.  I don't care if he's in middle school or college... he gets whatever he wants... unless it's some trashy looking shirt that looks like it came off a homeless.   No... we can't have the future CEO of a company wearing anything but nice clothes.  lol - ok... so maybe I expect my son to follow in his father's footsteps.  Nothing wrong with that, right?!?!  I mean ...I expect him to finish college with at least two degrees like mommy and get his masters like daddy.  Then, I expect him to work his ass up the ladder and be the best of the best. 

So... the problem is .... everyone expects that for their child.  Everyone believes they are grooming the next "somebody."  LOL - there is NOTHING wrong with that.  There is nothing wrong with pushing your children to reach their full potential.  I refuse to let him coast through life just because he's very fortunate.  I've seen that happen to too many people.... and the outcome is never pretty. 

Although I can't wait for him to get here, I am still wanting the process to go by slowly.  I know as soon as he gets here... life will start to speed up.  I want to cherish every single moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment