Friday, June 3, 2011

Migraine's Suck So Bad!

So, yesterday SUCKED!!!  I had had a low grade migraine on Wednesday, but I figured it would go away.  Umm....wishful thinking.  Thursday morning I woke up and realized that I wouldn't be able to go to pilates because my head was pounding.  I took a Hydrocodone (prescribed by my Neurologist since I can't take my Topamax, Imitrex, or get my Botox).  FYI: I miss my Botox (sad face). 

So...the home inspector came at 8:45am.  (Side note: We sold our home...in less than 30 days!  Thank You St. Joseph Statue!!!)  SO...inspector came.  I really wanted to be alert and watch what he was doing.  No such luck.  I immediately got in bed as the pounding in my head got worse and worse.  My imitrex is sitting in my bedside table...it was calling my name. However, I'm already a fabulous mommy, and I just CAN'T take it.  I know one pill will make the pain stop, but I just can't risk it.  It's not good for my baby peanut.  So, the inspector came in my bedroom, and he tried to be so quiet.  I couldn't even speak to him...I just had to cover my face.  He must have thought I was such a loser!  Like one of those housewives that stays in bed all day....THAT is NOT me!  After he inspected our bedroom and the master bath, I immediately ran to the bathroom and THREW UP!  Once the vomiting starts, you might as well forget it.  It won't be getting any better.  So, I tried to eat some saltine's and sip some Sprite, but that just came right up.  I drank some water, and that came right up too.  I couldn't sleep...I couldn't eat...I just had to endure the pain.  I started crying my eyes out.  WHY do I have to have these??  Ok, so I get them genetically from my mother.  Aren't I lucky?!  During my cry-fest, I just prayed to God that my baby will never have to endure these migraines.  I wouldn't wish them upon anyone....ok...well maybe a few people that I REALLY hate...but that's it. 

I could hear Realtor's coming in my home, and I couldn't even get up.  I was pathetic.  Eventually, around 2pm, they left.  THEN, the lawn service dudes thought it would be an outstanding idea to mow the lawn and trim the bushes right by my window.  There was no way I was sleeping...which meant it would only get worse.  Later in the evening, I decided to weigh myself.  I weigh myself every single  morning, so I know how fat I'm getting.  Thrilling!  So, I weighed myself, and I'd lost 4lbs since that morning.  It freaked me out.  I know ladies get morning sickness and all, but this isn't morning sickness.  IT'S A MIGRAINE....a MIGRAINE that could potentially last for DAYS!  I immediately picture my baby peanut starving.  I just couldn't take it.  So, after crying on the phone to Brian and my mom, I decided to drive myself to the ER.  Brian is in Memphis...My parents are in Orlando....so...all I have is me.  AND... Mommy must take care of her baby!  So, 8:30pm I drove myself to the ER. 

After an hour of waiting and DYING from pain, the Doctor decided to give me something for the nausea.  By this time, my stomach hurt almost at much as my head.  I was starving!  I took my pill and left.  I immediately started feeling better.  So, McDonald's sounded GREAT!  I fed my baby peanut two cheesieburgers and some fries!  Mommy and baby were feeeeling GREAT!  The fact I was able to eat something made my head feel much better.

So, cut to today (Friday, June 3, 2011).  I still wasn't feeling 100%...and my migraine could always return due to stressful issues.  So, I stayed in bed the majority of the day.  Brian has been taking care of everything from Memphis.  I'm so lucky to have him.  He's been such a great Daddy and Husband.  He's never seen me (or heard me on the phone) have a meltdown over a migraine.  He never understood how sick and painful they are...until now.  OMG...I hope I don't get any more of those.  Brian and my mom told me to take an imitrex, because "one won't hurt the baby." BUT I just couldn't do it.  I won't either!  I refuse to do anything to hurt the baby....I love my baby peanut, and I will never risk it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment