Friday, June 3, 2011

Who Wants To Know?!

I'm one of those people that has been waiting for this moment FOREVER! I already knew how I wanted to tell my parents.  They have been desperately wanting to be grandparents, so I figured it would be a BIG moment when I told them.  Fortunately, I was going to be down in Florida the very next week.  I have ALWAYS wanted to be able to tell them something like this in person.  Plus, I wasn't going to just tell them....I was going to give them their very first Grandparent gift!  I bought two white polo shirts and had Grandma embroidered (in red) on one and Grandpa embroidered (in red) on the other one.  Umm...they turned out AWESOME!!  BUT...It isn't easy talking to your mom every single day on the phone and hiding that you are PREGNANT!  In fact, it isn't easy having a conversation with anyone without wanting to blurt it out!! 

Ok...so it's Monday today...and tomorrow evening (Tues) Brian and I will be flying into Orlando and having dinner with my parents. They have no idea of the joy they are in for.  So excited!  They probably won't suspect a thing!  (Side Note: Tues, May 24th, 2011 is the day I met Brian...3 years ago! Who would have thought....3yrs later I would be married and having a baby!!)

Ok...so waiting 6 days to tell your parents they are going to be grandparents...sucks!  But it will be worth it.  So, I wasn't going to just keep this secret forever.  ...

Literally, the Thursday it was confirmed by my second pregnancy test...I HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!  My wonderful friend Holly sent me a text saying she took a mammogram, and she was cancer free! YAY...boobies are safe!  She shared her great news with me...so I figured I would share my news with her!  I felt like telling her first would be a perfect decision.  She has a beautiful and very well-behaved daughter, so she can give me the 411 on birthing a baby AND raising one to be sweet!  Plus, she is totally on my wavelength ... she knew we were trying!  By-far, that was the best conversation I've had in a long time!  I called her up...chatted for a minute...then asked her, "Are you ready to be an Auntie?!"  She screamed and said, "OMG! Are you pregnant?!?"  I said, "YES!"  She has such an awesome reaction.  She was sooo happy for us!  I thought I was already on Cloud 9, but Holly created such an excitement for me!  If you ever want a natural high, get pregnant and call your friend Holly...you won't come down from that!! 

Oddly, my brother sent me a text on Friday asking me something about Brian.  He ended up calling me, but he couldn't talk long because he was at work.  I could tell he wanted to get off the phone, but DAMN....I have some news!  He was getting ready to hang up when I said, "I have one more question." He, in a hurry, said, "Yes?"  I said, "So, are you ready to be an uncle!?"  Phone goes silent...then he says,"Wait...are you...are you pregnant?!"  YEP!!  Uncle Jeremy was speechless!  I could tell he was smiling on the other end.  He gave me a congrats and asked how far long.  He clearly couldn't even think...HE WAS SOOO EXCITED!  He was stuttering and couldn't figure out what to say, so he let me go with another Congrats!  Five minutes later, he started texting me!  He finally found some words!  He said, "Like I feel like a dork.  I'm just walking around work, smiling dumbly." LOL...I was like..HELLLO....THAT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING!  He sent me a text today...asking when I was going to tell mom and dad.  He is sooo excited!  He felt pretty cool he got to find out before our parents. haha - I have a feeling my mom will like that.  She seemed to always like when Jeremy and I had secrets (as long as it wasn't a 'I KILLED A MAN' type of secret)! lol 

I've got an actual list of people I want to tell before I make the public announcement on FB! :)  I think Brian and I have told a total of 5 people.  The list is much longer than that....so I can't wait to tell everyone!!!  Tomorrow will be the BIG DAY...the day I inform my parents they will get to hold the role of a lifetime!  GRANDMA & GRANDPA!  (Plus, it will be all we talk about for the rest of our days!  And...Uncle Jeremy can finally talk to everyone about it).

What a fabulous time...I'm gonna try to just soak it all in!!  Loving every single minute.... Babyland....

No comments:

Post a Comment