Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Was Born To Be A Mom!

Everyone is born to do something different.  I believe everyone has some sort of value or purpose... no matter what it is they were born to do.  Some folks are born to be the best cashiers, the best tv repair men, the best basketball players, the best CEO's, the biggest criminals, the hottest models, the biggest assholes, the most needed hero's, and the best parents.  No matter what it is.... you were born to do it.  AND... you serve a purpose.  Even if you are the thorn in someone's side, you were born to be the person that drives another to greatness.  The fuel that adds to the fire.  Not everyone can be in the same category ... but we must always accept what we were born to do.

Not everyone realizes right away what it is they were born to do.  Some folks get lost along the way... I think everyone's had that problem from time to time.  Some folks can't even imagine they were born to do anything... ya know the types... they feel worthless.  They either figure it out along the road of life... or they waft through life never knowing what it is they were born to do.  Those individuals are extremely sad cases.  Now, I honestly believe you're born to be several things, but there will always be one super value you hold.   AND... one role you were always born to have.

I have played many roles in my life thus far.  Some I wasn't that great at... some I was decent at... and some I was pretty certain that I was the best at.  But..I've always known I was born to be a mom.  It's a role that has waited for me for 29 years.  From the moment I found out that little Stanley had been conceived, I became a mother.  I've been taking care of him every single moment since then.... and... I will continue to take care of him for the rest of my life. 

For every parent out there and for the someday-parents-to-be: Most of you know what I'm talking about.  It's like you've always known your biggest achievement in life would be your babies.  It is a role that has been waiting for you since the day you were born.  You knew it...and you felt it.  For those parents who don't exactly know what I'm talking about, it's okay.... the role was always yours.  You just had too much going on to see it...perhaps you were off being the best at another role, and it completely slipped through your radar! :)

So, for those who share this amazing role with me, I know I'm in good company.  I wish you all GOOD LUCK (nobody ever said it would be easy).  For those who don't share this role with me but you know you someday will, just wait a little longer... roles can and will wait.  For those who will never share this role with me, I salute you... you are off being the best at your role.  And...there ain't nothing wrong with that! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment