Friday, October 7, 2011

Back Pain...

Hello Back Pain!

So, I get this low dull back pain that pretty much sucks.  I try to stay away from the internet in looking up back pain and pregnancy, because I always tend to diagnose myself.  That isn't helpful.  It's like an ache... doesn't really get worse... or better... just kind of sticks around.  Some days I have it, and some days I don't. 

I kind of freaked out when people told me about this thing...back labor.  I didn't know what the heck that was.  I talked to my OB about my issues, and he basically said I'm fine.  As long as it doesn't start getting worse or coming in waves (like every 10 minutes), I should be fine.  Apparently, the weight has shifted in my body...well, DUH!  I'm front heavy now...so it puts more pressure on my back.  I KNEW there was a reason I f'n hated boobs!  Now...I have massive boobs and a large tummy... not exactly desirable.  I want to go on a diet soooo bad it kills me! 

My OB also gave me some other great advice.  When I start to freak out about anything, he told me to just remember that women have been having babies for ... well, forever.  Women have been having home births... and some women participate in crazy sh*t even before they know they are pregnant.  He said, "Just think of all the crack babies that end up perfectly fine!!  I mean if you want to guarantee a perfect birth... just do some crack!"  LOL - of course, he was joking!! But he does have a point.  There are sooo many people doing horrible things while pregnant, and those babies usually end up just fine.  He said as long as I don't start drinking heavily ... go join the rodeo and ride some horses... I should be just fine. 

So... back pain (CHECK)... trying to not worry about every little pain (CHECK)...

No comments:

Post a Comment