Monday, November 21, 2011

Go Through A Little Panic!

Throughout the day, I get super excited and antsy to have my little boy!  I think of all the things we will get to do together....all the outfits I'm gonna put him in... and all the great moments we get to share.  BUT... at nighttime, I go through a little panic.  At night, when I'm in bed, I start thinking about the person he will turn out to be.  I mean there are soooo many different types of men in the world.  Some are successful, some are lazy, some are intelligent, some are assholes, some are players, and some are the nicest guys in the world.  I, like any other parent, want my child to be the best he can be.  AND... I know that all starts with good parenting.

When I run into a guy (or person for that matter) that really sucks, I think to myself...WOW, his parents didn't go a very good job and someone obviously didn't love him enough.  Now, I completely understand every parent makes mistakes.  I am not going to freak out over every little thing I do wrong, but I would like a game plan on how to get him to where he needs to be in life.  I think I have to start drilling him with the important things: always do what is right in your heart, treat others as you would want to be treated, don't lie (especially to mommy) and never take anything for granted.  I want him to be humble... appreciate what he has.  He should never covet.  I don't know why anyone would actually want to be like someone else or have what someone else has.  If you can't accomplish it on your own or obtain it on your own, then you don't deserve it...it was never meant to be yours.  He should have goals...and I will do my absolute best to help him achieve those goals (no matter what they are).  Yes, I would like my child to make straight A's, go to a great college, and become a very successful person.  BUT... I fully understand that it isn't my path to take.... it is my baby boy's path to take....I just get to go along for the beautiful ride.  Of course I will drill into his head that education is VERY important, but I have to accept that he may not want to go to college.... he might want to move to Hollywood and become an actor... or be a truck driver... or be a club promoter.  I mean...it's his choice.  BUT...It doesn't mean I won't try to guide him into doing what I want! :)   

I look at other men in the world (my husband, men in my family, guy friends, guy's I know) and I would like to pull the best traits from those men and place them in my little boy.  I want him to be goal oriented, smart, a good friend, social, kind, a man's man, emotional (at times when appropriate), realistic, and a real gentleman.  Sure I have a million more...but we can start with those.  I want him to respect all women.  Although, I don't want a woman to walk all over him.  I hate those men with zero backbone and let women walk all over them.  I won't have my son following a loser woman around like a puppy.  He needs to go for the right woman.... someone that is his match.  I refuse for him to marry a lazy woman who has zero skills or a brain, for that matter. It MUST be someone mommy likes!!! (now...I ask you... is that possible to really like your daughter-in-law??? OR....your mother-in-law???)  I am doubtful, but I will try to get the best possible outcome! 

These are just a kernel of thoughts that run through my head.  Should I worry this early about his outcome??  I don't think it's unreasonable.  I just want the best for my child....like every other parent ... good parent, that is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment